Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You KNOW you're obsessed with Mr. Darcy when...

You stumble into a charming, old world book shop in Buenos Aires - the kind that makes you feel like you live in another country - (oh wait) and buy a Spanish version of Pride and Prejudice. Or should I say, "Orgullo y Prejudicio."


Eterno Cadencia Libros


At first glance, I dismissed the thought of looking through the book, much less buying it, bc it was the movie version (Keira Knightly on the front). (Was this a sign of my newfound snobbyness? Was it prejudice?) Yet, I couldn't resist thumbing through the literature section to see what else they carried. Alas, it was the only copy, and besides, who was I to judge?

I sat down on a pefectly placed love seat in the corner of the mahogany-paneled library, and I opened my favorite book of all time (hence, named my dog Lizzie). I could feel the warm feelings building up inside as I read and fully comprehended the first few sentences.

I was hooked, as I always would be. It was a timeless story in a timeless bookstore, and I loved every word of it, as I always will.


The manager of the store, looking for another edition of P&P for me was interrupted by another customer.


View from my love seat


Pam looking through some photography books in a back nook of the store