Friday, October 5, 2007

Drop it like its hooooooooooooooooooooooot…..

If you can’t tell, I am currently listening to “Drop it Like It’s Hot” by Snoop. Love this song. While putting together today’s playlist, I was amazed at how my taste varied from hip-hop to country, pop and more. I suppose I am a product of the 80s and all that it entails including an obsession with pop culture. But while this playlist has a bunch of these types of songs, I’m also really into other lesser known bands and “indie”-type music, jazz, bossa nova, loungy, etc. But I don’t venture out and seek to find the next best thing in music or get really into songs because of deep lyrics or melodies. Most of the music I have is because I soak in what other people are listening to.

But really, that goes for pretty much any other part of my life, I’ve recently noticed. I’m a chameleon when it comes to movies, food, and oddly enough, behavior. I know this may sound odd, but I’m completely serious about the latter. If someone is acting bubbly I tend to do the same. If they have a weird Ohioan accent, I begin to talk all nasal-y and shit. If the person has certain intonations in their speech, or says “seriously” after each sentence… sure enough, I will be copying them. I’ve started to say “crap stix” and “fuck a goat,” because one of my best girl friends always says this. I don’t know why I do it but I do. Is this natural? Am I passive? Accommodating? Creepy?

The other side to this is that I am a really good impersonator (in my very own opinion) of people. People at work love it when I make fun of our coworkers. I can also do a really good Dax walk. J

I digress, I think from now on, I am going to put “currently listening to: xxxx” on my blog. Not sure what this will reveal if anything, but it could be neat.

Currently listening to: Justin Timberlake making sweet love to my ears, "What Goes Around Come Around"


My current playlist:
  • Beyonce - Crazy in Love, Irreplacable, Jumpin Jumpin (Destiny's Child)
  • Ja Rule - Put it On Me
  • Timbaland - Give it To Me, The Way I Are and Apologize (From Shock Value)
  • Gwen Stefani - Luxurious
  • Rhianna - Umbrella
  • Usher - Yeah
  • Missy Elliot - Lose Control
  • John Legend - Ordinary People
  • Coldplay - Clocks
  • Daft Punk - One More Time
  • Snoop Dogg - Drop it Like It's Hot
  • JT - WGACA, Rock Your Body
  • Dido - White Flag, Here with Me
  • Matisyahu - King Without a Crown
  • Rascal Flatts - What Hurts the Most
  • 112/BIG - Only You remix

My Favorite Bands:

  • Thievery Corporation
  • Third Eye Blind
  • Interpol
  • Anything 80s

Bands I like because of other people:

  • Interpol
  • Kanye West
  • The Sea and Cake
  • Perfect Circle
  • Smiths