Thursday, December 17, 2009

Babyness

It is in the wee hours of dawn that we bring you this special presentation. No infomercials. Just a reality check.

It is 3 a.m. and it has been three weeks and more than 300 diapers since the little alien has joined our civilization. We have had in the past three days MAYBE 12 non-consecutive hours of sleep, something I should be doing right now. Instead, I am being serendaded by a melody of grunts that precede the onslaught of what one of my BFF's calls a "butt-plosion." Or will it be projectile spit up? Only time will tell...

And time is a funny thing these days. Days go by like minutes and you forget the last time you took a shower - a singularly human concept that doesn't apply to him because of his naturally and intoxicatingly sweet scent. An evolutionary theorist will tell me it is nature's way of ensuring his survival. But I know there is an even bigger reason why I'm drawn to this little creature: The Poopy Face. Zoolander: eat your Le Tigre makin', Blue Steelin' heart out.


He learned quickly that if he makes his Poopy Face, they (and it) will come. Just look at it! It is a perfect combination of us. He has my first chin (or lack thereof), and Dax's second chin. As you can see in exhibit 1, his eyes have a hint of Asian, and while I'm Filipino, I think we all know where those came from.

But, no matter where you slice it, the bottom line is that he's MINE, ALL MINE. You can't have him! (Unless you can score us free tickets to the BCS Championship in Pasadena.)